Was blieb von der Jüdischen Schule in Hohenems?

The history of the Jewish school in Hohenems dates back to the first writ of privilege issued by Count Kaspar in 1617. Starting with twelve families, the community increased to more than 120 families by the middle of the 19th century. Starting in 1828, they also had a suitable schoolhouse. The following decades were marked by a wide variety of developments, as the high quality of teaching was maintained while the number of pupils declined. After its closure in 1913, the schoolhouse was used as a residential building. Today, the renovated former Jewish school is classified as a historical monument and houses a restaurant.